The Cesar tower

1
  • © Service Patrimoine Beaugency
The César Tower is one of the last vestiges of Romanesque military architecture (11th century). This square keep of about 36 meters high today, commanded the defences of the citadel and the bridge over the Loire. In 1530, the Cardinal de Longueville used the Tower to enlarge his castle. The fire of the Wars of Religion and the collapse of the interior vaults in 1840 left only the skeleton of the keep.

Period (s) Morning Afternoon Opening day Closing day

Associated services

  • Palace
  • Tour / Pagode
  • Médiéval

Join by public transport