The Train Loire à Vélo offers cyclists free bike transportation between Orléans, Tours, Nantes and Le Croisic.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the 2020 service will start on 4 July.
More space for bikes during the summerEach train can carry 50 to 83 bicycles:
- 33 free bike spaces are available per train. They are distributed throughout the train and are easily accessible from the platform.
- Each train set also offers 17 bike spaces in a dedicated area with an assistant to help board and unload bicycles. Follow the « Train Loire à Vélo » signage on the platform. If your bike is not a standard bike, you should go straight to this area to avoid disrupting passenger traffic on the rest of the train.
Conditions to access on board the Train Loire à Vélo
- Buy a valid transport ticket
- Arrive early to have time to get to the platform
- Remove the bags from your bike to avoid obstructing other passengers and the boarding of other bikes.
Train-served citiesThis train serves the cities of Orléans, Blois, Saint Pierre-des-Corps, Tours, Saumur, Angers, Ancenis, Nantes, Saint-Nazaire, La Baule, Pornichet, Le Croisic.
Dates of service
- All year round: up to 33 bike places
- 4 July – 13 September: between 50 and 83 bicycle spaces, including 17 bicycle spaces with boarding assistance
- From 14 September to 30 September: 33 bike places minimum
- Up to 3 daily roundtrips from Monday to Friday between Orléans and Nantes
- 2 round-trips during weekends between Orléans and Le Croisic