The Train Loire à Vélo offers cyclists free bike transportation between Orléans, Tours, Nantes and Le Croisic.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the 2020 service will start on 4 July.
More space for bikes during the summer
Each train can carry 50 to 83 bicycles:
- 33 free bike spaces are available per train. They are distributed throughout the train and are easily accessible from the platform.
- Each train set also offers 17 bike spaces in a dedicated area with an assistant to help board and unload bicycles. Follow the « Train Loire à Vélo » signage on the platform. If your bike is not a standard bike, you should go straight to this area to avoid disrupting passenger traffic on the rest of the train.
Conditions to access on board the Train Loire à Vélo
- Buy a valid transport ticket
- Arrive early to have time to get to the platform
- Remove the bags from your bike to avoid obstructing other passengers and the boarding of other bikes.
Consult the infographic to kwon more.
This train serves the cities of Orléans, Blois, Saint Pierre-des-Corps, Tours, Saumur, Angers, Ancenis, Nantes, Saint-Nazaire, La Baule, Pornichet, Le Croisic.
Dates of service
- All year round: up to 33 bike places
- 4 July – 13 September: between 50 and 83 bicycle spaces, including 17 bicycle spaces with boarding assistance
- From 14 September to 30 September: 33 bike places minimum
- Up to 3 daily roundtrips from Monday to Friday between Orléans and Nantes
- 2 round-trips during weekends between Orléans and Le Croisic
- Download the timetable from July 4 to August 30, 2020
- Download the timetable from August 31 to September 27, 2020
This Train Loire à Vélo service is set up and fully financed by the Centre-Val de Loire and Pays de la Loire Regions.
Download the Train Loire à Vélo flyer (in French)