Parish farmers, fishermen and sailors for a millennium, Saint-Brevin becomes resort in the late 19th century.In 1810,
we see how the sea has eroded the coastline, the dunes and submerged many homes. The city is surrounded by large expanses of sand that the French government wants to confiscate, because considered “coastal area”, although the locals were trying to value them by planting pines and oaks, as the engineer Nicolas- Thomas Brémontier, which advocates the planting of pines to stabilize the dune.
Sumptuous villas hatch then, such as ” Château de la Fouilleuse”, “The Semaphore”, the ” Manoir du Pointeau” … The Grand Casino is built (1884) The pine forest is huge and becomes a major asset: the city is changing its name from Saint-Brevin to Saint-Brevin-Les-Pins (1899). The station is then more and more famous; it is the “Belle Epoque”.
Since then, the city has structured and exemplary approaches the 21st century with confidence both in terms of tourism and everyday life for the Brevinois. Saint-Brevin-les-Pins has maintained a quiet vacation spot for a family-friendly place, focusing on maintaining the “capital woods” and encouraged the plantation of pines, because of the name of the town.
|Period (s)||Morning||Afternoon||Opening day||Closing day|