Amboise Town Hall Museum

1
  • Amboise Town Hall Museum©
The Musée de l’Hôtel de Ville was formerly the residence of Pierre Morin,who served as treasurer under Louis XII. Built between 1501 and 1505, in the XVIIIth century it became the official residence of the Duc de Choiseul, before the Revolution saw it converted into the town hall – a function it fulfilled until the 1970s. The building has now been converted into a museum, housing national government archives and collections acquired by the municipal authorities over the centuries. The Hôtel Morin was recognised as a Historical Monument on 8th October 1880. Its architecture is typical of the early French Renaissance, combining elements of French gothic with Italian Renaissance touches.Spoken languages ​​:French, English
Languages ​​documentation:French, English, German, Spanish, Italian
Visiting languages:French
Home groups:yes
Information panel :French English German Spanish Italian

Period (s) Morning Afternoon Opening day Closing day

Individual visits

Free visit (permanence):yes
Free visit (request):no
Guided tour (permanence):yes
Guided tour (request):yes
Duration of the visit:00:45
Free tasting:
Tasting fee:

Group tours

Free visit (permanence):no
Free visit (request):no
Guided tour (permanence):yes
Guided tour (request):yes
Duration of the visit:01:00
Free tasting:
Tasting fee:

  • Contemporary / modern art
  • Fine arts
  • History
  • Industry
  • Literature
  • Military
  • Religious art
  • War memories

Join by public transport