Take a break between two cycle stages at one of the open-air cafes on the itinerary on the banks the Loire. Rest your legs for a while, enjoy views of the river and taste traditional local produce in a unique and unusual atmosphere.
- The recently opened Au Bout de l’Ile open-air cafe in Montjean-sur-Loire is a true haven of peace nestled in a restored farmhouse on the banks of the Loire. This eco-friendly venue prioritises home-made cooking and promotes local organic farms. Come for a meal or a drink with tapas at weekends and on evenings before national holidays until mid-June, then every day except Tuesdays from mid-June to mid-September from 11.30am to 11pm. Advance booking recommended!
- Come and enjoy traditional food in an idyllic setting overlooking the Loire at La Croisette on Ile de Béhuard, which is listed as a Small City of Character. You won’t fail to be charmed by this venue with its refined, relaxed atmosphere in which to sit back and relax.
Open from Monday to Sunday from 10am to 1am, La Croisette also organises themed events, concerts, exhibitions, games, water-sport activities etc. There’s plenty to delight both young and old offer enjoyable moments of conviviality!
- Situated at the entrance to Balzac park in Angers, in a place well-known for its laid-back Anjou lifestyle, Le Héron Carré welcomes guests on a large terrace with unobstructed views of the Maine and the Château of Angers. Outings, concerts, dances, discovery activities… everyone is welcome!
This open-air cafe provides fast food made with fresh, local produce according to the season. Enjoy the bar with its tapas and snacks open every day from 11am to 11pm and until midnight on Saturdays and Sundays, or take a seat in the restaurant open every day from 12pm until 10.30pm and open for brunch on Sundays 😉
- Chez Jojo in Saint-Saturnin-sur-Loire offers music events at the weekend, traditional home-made local food, proximity to the banks of the Loire… and more besides!
This open-air cafe, which has survived the river bursting its banks on several occasions since it was opened in 1959, invites guests to admire the scenery surrounded by nature with a view of the royal river.
Come and enjoy a timeless moment as a couple or with friends or family 🙂
- The La Riviera open-air cafe is aptly named due to its location on the banks of the Loire opposite Saint-Mathurin-sur-Loire. Come and taste local specialities such as friture de Loire (small fried Loire fish), eel, Loire fish specialities and zander in beurre blanc sauce.
Open for lunch and dinner every day in season!
- The cheerful Guinguette de Chinon, situated on the banks of the Vienne just opposite the Royal Fortress of Chinon, has all the ingredients to delight, including music, dancing and a children’s play area to make sure everyone has a fun and relaxing time. Throughout the season, winemakers also invite you to discover and taste the subtle flavours of their famous Chinon wines.
- Lively, festive, cheerful… there is no shortage of adjectives to describe the open-air cafe held in summer at the foot of Pont Wilson in Tours-sur-Loire, which has become a local hotspot! Stop for a drink with family or friends and enjoy the view of the river… Feeling peckish? Why not let yourself be tempted by the delicious meals made with local seasonal produce and, for those with a sweet tooth, treat yourself to a home-made dessert!
- The La Corne des Patûres open-air café on the banks of the Loire between Meung-sur-Loire and Beaugency fits in perfectly with its surroundings. Here, everything is designed to protect the natural environment. Enjoy the countryside feel in this pleasant open-air cafe combining art, culture and environmental friendliness. Events are held throughout the week including concerts, plays, open-air cinema and shows, and on Mondays you can stock up at the local market with the excellent products proposed by craftsmen from the surrounding area.
- The La Sardine open-air cafe is situated on a pontoon on the quays on the edge of the Loire. Take a seat on a wooden bench at one of the long tables and enjoy quality, fresh produce from local farmers. Share a plate of nibbles with a glass of wine or fruit juice and enjoy the varied musical programme. Concerts, pre-dinner drinks and entertainment, dancing and folk bands on Sundays… The perfect opportunity to get your dancing shoes on!
- Also on the quays of the Loire, at the foot of La Capitainerie, the Le Boui-Boui open-air cafe welcomes guests for its second season! Take your pick between a seat on the large terrace or one of the deckchairs on the grass. Books and board games are also available for your enjoyment for sharing moments of conviviality! In terms of events, the programme includes exciting new music to discover as you sip your drink and enjoy local treats or tuck into a brunch at the weekend!